The Branch Seminar for the Higher Education Service Group is being held in Harrogate from the evening of Thursday 24 October to Saturday 25 October.
Items being discussed include:
- Meeting the organising challenge in an age of austerity
- Trade union reps on the front line tackling attacks on activists
- The two sides of Privatisation and Shared Services – challenging the proposals and organising the staff affected
- Raising the Profile of UNISON with young members
- Pensions Challenges at National and Local Level
In addition to these presentations, workshops will be held on the following:
- Organising for industrial action
- Re energising your branch
- Building and Sustaining a Campaign
- Dealing with TUPE transfers
- Dealing with grade drift – how to spot the warning signs and what to do about this
- Conference procedures
- Learning from community organising and the living wage campaign; to build a strong, vibrant, and engaged branch
- Pensions Challenges
- Is the Equality Act still relevant in Higher Education?
- Putting Technicians on the Agenda – to look at project to improve training, career opportunities and recognition for technicians in Higher Education
We can send up to 3 reps to the Seminar. If you’re interested in attending, please email us.